Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Grump

 Ok, it has been like, a really long time since I posted a Grump, and I have been through some life changes in that time, some bigger than others.  The biggest change is that I was baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  For those of you who don't know me personally, this is a path I have been on for a number of years, and I finally made the decision to join the church and was baptised July 28th 2014 and confirmed the following day.  Since many LDS beliefs and ideals are very similar to the feelings and beliefs I already have, most people don't really notice much of a difference really.  That is really the only major change, although there have been several other smaller changes (a few, like giving up coffee, brought on by becoming a Mormon), but altogether, one of the results of these changes over the last few months is an attempt at a more positive attitude, or outlook, towards life.  So I am going to start trying to post stuff here in the Grump again.  As I reread my previous posts, there was less that I would change than I really thought there would be.  Actually, for most of them, I think I if I were going to do them over, I would actually just add more to them than I did originally, adding more information and maybe toning the emotional rhetoric down just a bit.  New posts may or may not be frequent, as I am still as absent minded as ever, and now have more going on in my life, with church related activities and such on top of everything else I normally do.  However, not all of my posts here will necessarily be about things that grind my gears.  Some future posts may be slice of life, diary entry type of posts, others may be strictly informational, some maybe more spiritual in nature, and some maybe about news items that instead of making me want to grump, actually give me some glimmer of hope for the future of mankind.  Oh well, I have not been feeling well, so  I will end this here for now.  I will try to post another Grump after work tomorrow.




Vitum

              Libertatum

                                       Honorem

No comments:

Post a Comment