Saturday, February 16, 2013

Well, this wasn't how I really wanted to start this out, but now I have a bloody grump already!  When I started setting this up, there was a screen that I came to just setting up to start my first blog, that had places for me to insert a variety of gadgets and tools ....  It was late and I thought, "I will come back to this later, when I have more time to look at what all of these 'gadgets' do".  Well, I sit down today and load up the page, and what do you know?  I can't freaking get to that page.  The closest I came to finding it (after spending an hour searching) was a screen that had a line that said to add more gadgets, go to "Design > gadgets", but it didn't say how to get there?  WTF?  Now don't get me wrong, I am well aware that if you design a system that any idiot will use, only idiots will use it (just look at FB for example) (I really miss AOL FTP Space), but come on, really?  Now I am incredibly frustrated, pissed off, and Will have to go smoke a cig, in spite of the fact that I am trying to quit.  I mean what the hell?  Why can't the people who design this shit, make finding things (like altering the layout, to include adding and deleting gadgets) simple?  I'll finish this after my coffin nail, and some comfort food!

     OK! I had planned (so much for the plans of mice and men eh?) to open this with a bit about myself, so now that my little rant has wound down let's do this.  My name is Jebadiah  Murdock (yes it is a pseudonym which I will get to shortly).  You can call me Jeb, or Mr. Murdock, just don't call me late to supper.  The Jebadiah Murdock  name is based on a character I played for more than 15 years at the Pataskala Haunted Forest, and he is much older and grumpier that I, so using his persona really isn't that much of a stretch.  In the real world I go by PJ (yea, you can call me that too).  Some miss spellings and  poor grammar will be because I am dropping into his (rather unique) accent (once referred to as "Southern European").  I was born in 1968 to two hard working, blue collar parents.  Mom quit working after I was born, and didn't go back to work until my sister was old enough to start school more than a decade later.  They are both retired now.  I graduated High School in 1986, and left for Army Basic Training that September.  Over the next four years, I was stationed in Colorado, Korea, and California, and visited bases in Texas, Georgia, and Japan.  I got out with an honorable discharge in August of 1990, and traveled by Grey Hound bus (during the strike) back to Ohio.  After that, I worked for an insurance company for a few months, worked in a grocery store, a warehouse, and finally as production labor in a window factory, where I am still employed today 19 years later.  Politically, I am a far right wing conservative and consider myself to be a Constitutionalist. 

     The reason I decided to start doing this, well, I look at what is going on in the nation and the world today, and I look at how things are reported in the press, and I am just so disappointed in how the press represents to the public what is going on.  Our education system is a mess, society is spiraling down the moral drain, being sucked down by all these so called "societal justice" issues, and the government just keeps getting more and more out of control, spending more money than they have, taxing everyone into poverty, and trying to control every aspect of the individuals life.  Just to site a bit of an example of what I'm talking about, when we had a Republican president, with a democrat congress, and they could not agree on a budget plan that the President would be willing to sign, it was the President's fault when the government shut down.  A few years later, when we had a Democrat President and a Republican congress, and the same thing happened, it was congress who was blamed.  Today, we have a Democrat President, and a Democrat Senate, and there has been no budget for more than 4 years now, and the press doesn't seem to think that there is a problem at all.  I mean what the hell?  Why are we, as Americans, putting up with this?  We shouldn't have to!  I know the title my blog here is "The Daily Grump", and I will try and post something at lest once a day, but I do have a day job, and family, and even a couple of friends that all impinge upon my time, so I may miss a few days here and there ...  Try and be patient with me.  Thanks.



VITAM  LIBERTATEM HONOREM

No comments:

Post a Comment