Sunday, February 24, 2013

Short Rant about Welfare

Well, it's late and I should be in bed already so this will be a fairly short (I hope) rant on welfare.  I'm not sure why anyone thinks that it's "fair" to take money that I had to work my ass off to earn, and give it to someone else.  Quite frankly, I don't really care how badly they "need" it.  How is it my responsibility to feed, house, clothe, or otherwise take care of someone else?  Hell, I am so far behind on my bills that it is likely something will be shut off soon, and I can't really remember the last time I was able to afford to go out and buy groceries, but I have a job, so there is no help for me.  But my tax dollars can be given away to others who aren't working to feed them, and pay their bills?  Seriously?  Who ever thought this was a good idea?  That is not my responsibility!  It is not the government's job to do these things either.  Churches, social organizations, and community groups (not to mention family) is who should be looking to help the needy in or communities.  When you take my money, and give it to someone who hasn't earned it (it doesn't matter why you are giving it to them) all you are really doing, is A: preventing me from using my money to meet my needs and wants (thereby lowering my standard of living) B: teaching the recipients that they will be taken care of even if they do nothing, and C: giving me some major disincentives to not work as hard, because I certainly am not earning as much as I should be for my efforts.  I can not believe the number of people who honestly believe that the government should have the right to steal from me to give to people who have provided me with no services or products, for no more reason then they think I should.  I mean, I'm sorry, but did they work for that money?  I don't bloody think so.  Of course, if you try to eliminate these welfare programs or even try and scale them back a bit, people start to scream bloody murder about how you want to starve children, or kick pregnant single mothers out of their homes, or impoverish  seniors, or something else.  These things are completely untrue.  I don't want to do any of those things.  But it's MY MONEY!!!  Why should anyone else ever think they have any right at all to determine what it should be used for?  End of rant, I'm going to bed.



Vitam Libertatem Honorem

No comments:

Post a Comment