Friday, March 8, 2013

Daylight Savings Time

Here it comes again .....  Daylight Savings Time .... It's just another stupid ritual for the vacuous, that I am sure was basically created just to piss me off.  Jump an hour ahead, lose an hour of sleep, just so all Summer long, you can have the sun still be up for half an hour or more after I have already gone to bed.  Why do we still do this?  Hell it is just getting to the point that it is light enough out when I drive to work in the morning that I can see the damned deer along the road, now it is going to go back to being full dark for the drive for another month or so.  And is it just me, or does it keep starting earlier in the year, and ending later in the year?  So week keep making it longer when what we need to be doing is abolishing it altogether.  Thanks to DST, about the end May, all the way through Early September, I will be laying down to sleep, and the sun will still be in the sky, and kids will be playing in the alley, and dogs will be being walked  and all of this will make noise, which will keep me up, for no good reason.  I suppose, a long long time ago, it may have made sense to some people, but now it is just stupid.  Worse yet is the fact that not all the states use it. And in a few places, part of a state is on it and other parts are not on it .....  What a freaking boondoggle that has to be .....  I can't believe that we, as a society, have to continue to play these silly "Spring forward" and "Fall back" games year after year.  Why not just stay on regular time, all year long?  It will still be light until 8:30 or later all summer, and sun up will be early enough that most people won't have to drive in the dark in the mornings either (during the summer anyhow).  What the hell did I ever do to George Vernon Hudson anyhow????    Ahhhhh well, I will be turning my clock ahead this weekend along with everyone else....



Vitam Libertatem Honorem



No comments:

Post a Comment